Thursday 12 February 2015

Paper Clip Alphabets

Aishah can identify almost all alphabets now, but she still needs to work on the small and capital letters. She can write almost all letters, mainly in their capital letters form.

To help her in matching the capital letter and small letters, I did this alphabet heart activity. I used the paper hearts we made previously in this dangling artwork. 2 sets of the dangling hearts have since fallen down, so I just took of some of the hearts and used it in this activity.

I think Aishah is still confused with the capital and small letters of 'Y', so I took a heart and wrote 'Y is for yoyo' on it. Then I wrote letters around the edges of the heart, including small and capital Ys. Next I asked Aishah to put paper clips on the small and capital Ys that she could find.


At first she struggled a bit to put the paper clips onto the paper. But after a while, she discovered the right way of holding the paper and sliding the paper clip in. She did it easily after that! Another fine motor skill ticked there, alhamdulillah :)


I also made another version for maryam, but using shapes instead of letters, but putting paper clips onto paper is too challenging for her. Aishah happily did it for her sister. She was so excited on her newfound skill!

No comments:

Post a Comment