Wednesday 25 February 2015

Alphabet Collage

This one is a simple activity yet full of learning. Aishah knows most of the alphabets, recognises them, knows their sounds and can write them down, but I haven't seen her writing a word by herself yet. She will always ask me how to spell them and then write the alphabets one by one (sometimes in the wrong direction! hehe). So this activity is more of an introduction of spelling to her, as usual starting with the initial letter of the words.

So this was what we did:

  1. I took two pieces of paper and asked Aishah to choose 2 alphabets that she likes - she chose S and C.
  2. I drew a giant S in a paper and a giant C in the other one, and then just asked Aishah to colour the alphabets as she pleases.
  3. I took some old magazines and asked Aishah to identify objects that starts with each letters, cut them, and paste them on the S and C. Of course, I did most of the identifying :P
Here was how it looked like in the end:


As usual, when my husband got home from work, Aishah will proudly show her work to her baba. This time I asked baba to guess what sort of activity we did, and he said, "Hmm... Collecting food related pictures?" 

Haha... well most of our pictures were food related, because the magazines that I used were travel magazines :D

No comments:

Post a Comment