Friday 20 March 2015

House Decorating

Another activity involving tapes. Inspired by a 'christmas tree decorating' activity that I saw on the internet, I changed it to 'house decorating' instead, as I didn't want to introduce Aishah to a 'christmas tree' and be bombarded with questions like 'what is christmas?' just yet. 

So the idea is just to make the shape of a house, or anything you like, using some tapes on the floor, and you have an 'activity centre' ready to be utilised. I did an uppercase-lowercase letters matching activity by writing some lowercase letters on the house-shaped tapes on the floor, and wrote the corresponding uppercase letters on some post-its. I passed those to Aishah and asked her to stick them onto their matching lowercase letters on the tapes on the floor. 


This activity can be changed to many other types of learning activities like:
  1. Matching numbers with the dots on the tapes
  2. Patterning
  3. Matching pictures with their initial letters
Or any other activities that you can think of. That's why I called it an 'activity centre' just now. 

I only wished I was more creative in making a more interesting shape rather than a house to be decorated, and it would interest the kids more if we used coloured papers as the 'decoration' instead of just plain post-its. I used those because I was such in a hurry at the time - Aishah was begging for me to start the activity right away, so I didn't have time to prepare the decorations using coloured papers! Maybe another time insha Allah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment